Jesus said, "I have come in order that you may have life - life in all its fullness."
A huge welcome to Year 2MG! We are going to have a fantastic year full of learning, growing and being the best that we can be!
The fantastic Year 2MG team are:
Class Teacher - Mr Griffiths (Monday - Friday)
Teaching Assistant - Miss Palmer
PPA Cover - Miss Shore (Wednesday Morning)
Gym Coach - Mr Stevenson
Our focus for this half term is FRIENDSHIP. We will be adding to our Values tab how we are exploring how that looks in our school and how we can live it out in our lives, as Jesus taught us to.
Below is the story of the Good Samaritan which helps demonstrate our value this half term of Friendship.
Things to remember in Year 2
*Each child needs to bring their Reading Book Bag or small rucksack into school each day.
*School planners and reading books will be needed in school everyday.
*Each child will choose a library book which can be changed weekly on a Friday.
* Each child should have their own water bottle in school that they can use in the classroom.
* School uniform will be worn every day from September.
* PE kits will be needed for the children to change into on the days they will do PE - this is on a FRIDAY with Mr Stevenson.
* Toast (Tuck) can be purchased online and is £10 a term, or £1 per week. Fresh fruit is available each day.
* Spelling work will begin in the classroom on a Monday and needs to be completed and returned on a Friday.
A message for parents/carers: Any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me either on the door in the morning/afternoon or anytime by email.
Little Wandle Phonics
Across school we use the Little Wandle Phonics approach to learning phonic sounds. From Reception to Year 2, the children enjoy a daily phonics lesson.
Click on the link to learn more about the Little Wandle approach to learning phonics.